Cancer and Cardiovascular Proactive Genetic Health Screen
geneDecode offers proactive genetic testing from a CAP and CLIA accredited laboratory in San Francisco, United States.
What is CANCER AND CARDIOVASCULAR PROACTIVE GENETIC HEALTH SCREEN
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
variants in your DNA. Testing more than 130 different genes and 45 diseases, can help guiding preventive measures to keep you healthy.
2. those who do not have strong family history of related diseases
3. those who sees proactive health management as their priority
UNDERSTANDING YOUR HEREDITARY TEST RESULTS
The test helps uncover what your DNA says about your health by analyzing more than 130 genes related
to a wide range of important health conditions. Understanding your genetic risks can help you and
your doctor take steps to protect your health and build a proactive—and personalized—plan focused
- If you receive a positive test result, this means that your test found a genetic change that may increase your risk of developing a specific medical condition.
- Working with your clinician, you can implement prevention strategies to help reduce your risk.
- Since genetic information is shared within families, you may also want to discuss the possible
implications for other members of your family.
- You may also receive a result that indicates that you carry a genetic change that does not
increase your own risk of developing a specific medical condition, but that may be passed
within your family (also known as carrier status).
- A negative result means that you do not have a clearly increased genetic risk for the conditions tested on this panel, based on current knowledge.
- Even with a negative genetic test result, proactive medical care and a healthy lifestyle are essential to your overall well-being and longevity.